Recipe by Trish yee
Quiche lorraine is a classic French savoury tart that usually consist of simple ingredients such as cheese, ham and vegetables. I usually go with just ham, onion and cheese. If you prefer a more fancy tart, you can add in baby spinach and mushrooms too!
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Course Side Dish
Servings 1 8 "pan
Calories 277 kcal
- 300 grams Flour
- 180 grams Butter cold & cubed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 -2 tbsp Cold Water
- 100 gram Bacon or Chicken Ham; chopped
- 1 qty Onion chopped
- 30 grams Parmesan
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 180 ml Cream
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg
- 3 qty Eggs
- To taste Salt & Black Pepper
Make the pastry by add your salt to the flour and pinch through the chilled butter until course. Add some cold water to bring the pastry together.
Let the pastry rest in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
Roll out the pastry and cut against your baking shell and blind bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked at 180 Deg C preheated oven.
Combine your filling together and bake for another 30 minutes or until cooked.
Let cool and set before serving.
- Always rest the dough in fridge for at least 30 mins before using
- When making tart shell, always par-bake the tart shell and use pie weights during par-bake.
Serving: 80gCalories: 277kcal
Keyword baked, egg, pastry, snacks