Italian Garden Salad
Italian salad is quick and easy to make and is very refreshing to serve before your main. Any veggies can go into the salad and a typical Italian salad will have olives in it. You can pretty much customise your own ingredients. Italian salad using a vinaigrette-based dressing to keep it light and appetising and it usually doesn't contain any meat.
- 1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce Hand Shredded
- 1 each Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 punnet Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 each Cucumber Julienned
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Mixed Herbs Dried
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients together and whisking thoroughly. Let it sit for about 10mins to rehydrate the dry herbs for more flavour.
Prepare all the vegetables and place into mixing bowl.
Dress the salad and toss, only when closer to serving time, else the vinegar might wilt the vegetables, drain excess liquid.
Toss the salad mix with the vinaigrette before serving and garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for more flavour
- It would nice to actually have red wine vinegar - but you can substitute with malt or apple cider vinegar