Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi is probably the most common and iconic dish of Korea and it is like a staple in Korean cuisine that you must have it when you are eating Korean food. It is a fermented salted vegetables usually made using napa cabbage. Kimchi is so versatile that you can eat it on its own or adding in to any dish. I love adding kimchi to my fried rice as it adds extra flavour to the rice! You can also try adding kimchi to your favourite noodles or meat!
- 5 cups Cooked Rice
- 200 grams Pork Belly Beef Porterhouse or Boneless Chicken Thigh, sliced thinly.
- 2 cups Kimchi Chopped
- 1/2 cup Kimchi Juice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Gochujang
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 stalks Spring Onion Sliced
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 sheet Kim Seaweed
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper to taste
- 4 qty Egg Beaten
Heat up a large fry pan or wok and add oil. Fry Kimchi and meat for a few minutes until cooked.
Add rice, kimchi juice, water and gochujang. Stir until combined.
Add sesame oil and remove from heat. Add spring onion, seaweed and sesame seeds. Season with soy and black pepper to taste.
Fry an egg (sunny side up) to complete the dish.
- The recipe calls for short grain rice. Other type of rice would taste funny.
- Try our homemade kimchi at our online store today!