Soft, gooey but dense is the hallmark or any good brownie. Can be eaten at any temperature and extremely portable for lunchboxes.
- 115 grams Butter salted preferred
- 200 grams Sugar
- 2 qty Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 70 grams Flour
- 35 grams Cocoa Powder
- 20 grams Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Preheat Oven to 180 Deg C.
Sift all dry ingredient together and combine oil, vanilla and eggs together.
Combine the wet into dry ingredients until combined then fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased tin/pan lined with baking paper.
Bake for roughly 30-40 minutes @ 180deg C
- Tins - Make sure to butter or use foil or baking parchment to prevent the caramelised batter from sticking, which they often want to.
- Melting Chocolate - Make sure you use a bain marie to do this. Direct heat will most likely burn your chocolate. If you chocolate has split or seized, you can try to add tbsp of hot water and whisk again - though it will never be as good again.
- Chocolate - You can vary the chocolate type, but pairing bitter and sweet, or even flavoured chocolates.
- Flavours - You can substitute vanilla with tablespoon a flavoured syrup, or even replace the chocolate chips with diced bananas!