Caprese Salad is a classic simple Italian salad that is consist of cheese balls, cherry tomatoes and wild rocket salad, drizzled in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It is a simple and easy to make Italian salad to serve before your main.
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt and Black Pepper
- 3 cups Baby Arugula Rocket
- 1-2 balls Burrata Cheese
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Dried Basil For garnish
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 200 degrees C. On a small sheet pan lined with Aluminum Foil, toss the tomatoes and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Add salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast in oven for 15 minutes and set aside.
Place the arugula in the bowl or on the serving platter.
Drain the water from the burrata and add to the arugula then nestle the warm tomatoes with the mozzarella and drizzle the juice release from the tomatoes over the salad.
Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar then season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss gently to coat if desired.
Basil leaves for garnish over the salad and serve.
- For cheaper alternative, use mozzarella cheese balls to replace burrata cheese
- Serve with a slice of toasted baguette as garnish
- Toast tomatoes on frying pan over low heat if you do not have an oven at home