Chilled Mango w/ Sago & Pomelo
Recipe by Trish yee
A quick and super simple asian-esque dessert. Enjoyed chilled and can be prepared way in advance for you dinner party. As long as the fruits a fresh and everything is chilled, we’re ready to go!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Chill 1 hr
Servings 4 portions
Calories 213 kcal
- 150 ml Evaporated Milk
- 200 ml Mango Juice
- 400 ml Mango Puree You can use ready to use fruit puree or use fresh mangoes
- 3 tbsp Sugar Syrup (dissolve 60g sugar in 1 cup water)
- 1 cup Pomelo Sacs
- 1 qty Mango
- 2 tbsp Sago Pearls
To cook the sago, bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Add in the sago and let boil for 10 minutes.
Strain the sago through a sieve and run the sieve through the cold running water. Drain and set aside.
Add in the mango juice with mango puree in a large bowl.
Pour in the evaporated milk until they are well incorporated into the mango puree.
Add in the sago next. Mix until well combined. Mix in the sugar syrup. Keep this mango puree with sago chilled until serving .
When ready to serve, divide the mango puree into individual servings. Top generously with the cubed mangoes and the pomelo sacs.
- Service - Chill the individual portions and it'll take faster to chill and thus easier to serve.
- Fruits - You can easily replace the fruits with other asian fruits. Just as long as you also change the sauce!
- Mango Puree and Juices - You can achieve the puree by blending up some mango, but if you can get your hand on juices you can easily replace if other.
- Pairings - You can go other ways like lychee, rambutans, papaya or even durian!
- Gula Melaka - If you can't find the real stuff, you can always use plain ol' castor sugar or some palm sugar. If you're doing castor sugar, why not tweak it by infusing lemongrass or ginger into the mix?
Keyword chilli, fruits, no bake