Recipe by Trish yee
Banana cake recipe is probably one of the easiest and fail-proof cake to make at home. It is moist, light and fluffy which makes it very delightful to eat as a hi tea snack.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
Servings 6 portions
Calories 90 kcal
- 3 qty Eggs 55g each, room temperature
- 125 g Sugar
- 200 g Riped Banana Cut into small pieces
- 150 g Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 100 g Corn oil
Preheat oven to 160 degree C top and bottom heat.
Line a 8" round tin with baking paper.
Sieve cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together twice before setting aside.
Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar at maximum speed till stiff/ribbon stage before mixing in the banana until well combined.
Fold in the flour using your bare and clean hand about 2 to 3 times.
Add in the oil and continue folding with your hand and mix well till batter is shiny and flowing.
Pour into the baking tin and bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Use overripe bananas for the best flavour and texture
- Use room temperature eggs
- Sift the flour. This will ensure a softer and fluffier texture
- DO not over mix the cake batter.
Keyword baked, quick and easy