Moo Larb (Moo Gai for Chicken)
Recipe by Trish yee
Moo Larb is a popular Thai street food and it is a form of appetiser/ salad made from minced meat with spicy dressing and aromatic herbs. The sweet and sour dressing loaded with fresh herbs make the dish a prefect appetiser to start off before your main course.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Servings 4 portions
Calories 173 kcal
- 3 tbsp Thai Glutinous Rice
- 300 grams Minced Pork
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 each Calamansi Limes juiced
- 1/2 tsp Peanut Oil
- 4 each Shallots finely sliced
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander picked
- 1 bunch Fresh Spring Onions picked
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint Leaves picked
- 1 bunch Thai Holy Basil picked
- 2 pcs Kaffir Lime Leaves Sliced Finely
In a dry pan, toast off glutinous rice until golden brown, set aside to cool. Then grind (or pound) until course.
In a wok, add the peanut oil and saute the mined meat until completely browned and cooked.
Turn off the heat, and add your chilli flakes, sugar, fish sauce, calamansi lime juice, sliced kaffir and shallots. Stir and combine all the ingredients. Taste before you let the mix cool.
When cool, combine with coriander, spring onions, mint, basil to plate.
Garnish with toasted rice.
- Substitute pork with chicken or beef if required
Keyword chicken, salad, spicy